Monday, March 22, 2010

Here I am...


...married 15 years today! I have definitely been blessed with a wonderful and loving man to be my eternal companion, my very best friend!

Would anyone believe that in all these years, Jon and I have not had any "marital dispute"? In fact, we haven't had any altercation ever since we met 17 years ago. I think that's a record. I attribute this "phenomenon" mostly to my gentle husband. I think I may have tried to pick a fight or two, but this guy just wouldn't "bite". :) In all these years, I have never heard him utter a single criticism to me. I know I am not perfect. I know there is a lot of fault that could be found in me. But how marvelous is it to know that Jon loves me and accepts me just the way I am. He has never made me feel that I need to change anything. He always makes me feel smarter, prettier, funnier, and more special than I really am. Because of his example, I too have learned to bite my tongue. I too have learned to not make him feel inferior or tell him that he needs to change and be better. This may be our "secret ingredient", come to think of it. To ensure that you let your better half feel that he or she is just that...the better half!

Long live love! Here's to the past 15 years, and the many more years to come, until eternity :)

Je t'aime, mon amour!

No comments:

Post a Comment