Thursday, February 25, 2010

Counting My Blessings...here's number 3!

My Sweet and Funny Sammy -


We thought we were not going to have another child as we have been trying and waiting for 8 years after we had JT. Sammy came along as we were starting to lose hope. He has been a blessing worth waiting for.

JT sure loves his baby brother and, according to Sammy, JT is the person he loves the most...even more than he loves me. I'm glad they adore each other and are each others' best friends despite their 9 year age difference.

While JT is a mellow, quiet, and low maintenance child, pretty much like his Dad, Sammy is quite the opposite. I see a lot of myself in him. He is indeed a handful. He can't sit still...he is like the Energizer bunny who keeps going and going...and going. He loves to talk...and boy, he can TALK! When there is no one around him, he even talks to himself or to his toys. He is not afraid to talk to other people. He can strike up a conversation with anyone. He likes socializing and having friends. He has a very competitive and assertive nature. Yes, he will fight to get his way. He will definitely wear you down until you submit to his will. He would make a great lawyer because he can talk his way out of any situation and he can justify whatever he says or does. He drives me insane sometimes. Again, this is because he is so much like me. :)

Yet, he has a tender side to him too. He always gives me hugs and kisses because he says he didn't want my heart to shrink. He always declares his love for me and for JT...and also his Dad as an afterthought (hahahaha). He loves to laugh and making other people laugh. He is sooo funny. Yes, he brought laughter in our home and our lives became complete when he joined our family. He is indeed a blessing and we love him so.

No comments:

Post a Comment