Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Counting My Blessings...(name them one by one)

In these days of economic stress, it is very common to hear grumblings and complaints, some of them from my very own lips. Understandable, I'm sure. In an attempt to show that "behind the clouds is the sun still shining", I would like to enumerate and most of the time, elucidate, the things, people, or events, for which I am grateful.



1. Jon - My better half, my best friend.

When I seriously contemplate my gratitude for having Jon in my life, I always think of Maria's song to Captain Von Trapp (Sound of Music); "Perhaps I had a wicked childhood, perhaps I had a miserable youth. But somewhere in my wicked, miserable past, there must have been a moment of truth. For here you are, standing there, loving me. Whether or not you should. So somewhere in my youth or childhood, I must have done something good. Nothing comes from nothing, nothing ever could. So somewhere in my youth or childhood, I must have done something good." That's the only explanation I could think of as to why I was blessed to have Jon in my life.

I am grateful that he loves me unconditionally and has given me no reason whatsoever to doubt that. He is the quiet, unassuming type of guy. Sometimes I wish he would talk more and express himself more. However, I realize that his quiet strength speaks volumes and expresses his feelings more audibly than spoken words. I hear it, I feel it, and therefore I know and appreciate it from the bottom of my heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment